Directional Terms Homework
Use your knowledge of directional terms to relate the following structures to each other anatomically in a short sentence.
0. toes to ankle: The toes are distal to the ankle.
1. scalp to skull
2. diaphragm to lung
3. heart to diaphragm
4. head to neck
5. wrist to palm of hand
6. esophagus to vertebral column
7. brain to spinal cord
8. pelvis to thigh bone
9. small intestines to stomach
10. fingers to palm of hand
11. kneecap to knee joint
12. eyes to nose
13. ears to head
14. thumb to palm of hand
15. vertebral column to trachea
16. fingernail to underlying skin
17. In what region of the body is your thumb located?
18. What body cavities are located superior to the diaphragm?